6 Tips To Get The Most Out Of Any Seminars


If you're like me who loves attending business and entrepreneurship seminars and workshops for continuous learning, then you've got to take in to consideration the tips I've come up with and I always use to get the most out of a seminar.

As an events organizer, I'm used to organizing numerous but same, exact seminars and attending each one of them (I have no choice but to attend ya know), but each time I listen, I always try to get the most out of that seminar even though I'm just RELEARNING IT. So here are some tips for those who love or don't love attending seminars but wants to get the most out of it.

1. Before going to a seminar, Empty Your Bucket.

Or in other words, pretend you don't know anything. When you go to a seminar, don't be like a "KNOW-IT-ALL" Person, or else you don't get anything valuable. In short, be an idiot (and I do that all the time, it works wonders!). =P

2. Network

Remember this: 50% of Learnings and Opportunities, you get from the speaker, but the other 50%, you get from your seatmates. Don't limit your learnings and opportunities you get from the speaker alone. Everyone in the room is just like you who's seeking for more opportunities and it's you they might be looking for or vice versa. In my part, I even consider networking with my seatmates important because I myself have proved this to be working and have created a lot of business partnerships because of this. So try talking to your seat mates and other attendees and share business ideas and opportunities on and after the seminar (especially when you're still single and looking! haha!).

3. It's really not the food... Really.

You're not there mainly to eat or be comfortable with the venue. You attended the seminar to learn something new and find opportunities. Right? =D You may say I'm exaggerated but boy, I've encountered several people complaining about the food and the venue instead of focusing on the seminar!

4. Write it Down

Don't forget to bring your notebook and pen. Immediately write down the ideas that pops-up during the seminar. Don't try to remember it, you're brain is not mainly used for storage, it's more efficient for creative thinking. Aha!

5. Have the courage

A lot of people have fear of talking to or just even getting close to the speaker after a seminar. When you let fear control you, you're letting yourself miss a lot of opportunities. Remember I told you that 50% of the opportunities you are looking for might be found in the speaker of the event. Who know's what ideas you can get from them?

6. No Ask, No Get

If you have questions on the seminar or for the speaker, what do you do to answer it? Obviously, ASK ASK ASK! You'll get wonderful insights when you always ask. :)

Simple right? I know you know this already but it's important to remember this. So now are you ready to get the most out of any educational seminar you'll attend to? Did I miss some tips? Tell me and we'll add it here!

Feel Great Always!
Janmck Hilado

P.S.
Do you want me to give a mini-workshop seminar for you (1-on-1) or for your small group on how to start a profitable online business? Contact me at janmckingley@gmail.com for more info!

P.S.2
I've just launched my new product! Get your FREE Report and $10 Discount now at http://e-covercreatorpro.com/

1 Comment to “6 Tips To Get The Most Out Of Any Seminars”

  • LeaHn   September 9, 2010 at 5:26 PM

    great insight jan! remembering the "back to basics" really does wonders!

Post comment

Your thoughts and comments are highly appreciated! Care to leave some.. :) And if you comment "Anonymously" and expect to get a reply, please include your email address on your comment. :)