21



What?? Blogger.com Is Stealing Some Of My Adsense Earnings??

Hey Garfield! I though you don't like Cat Food?? Flickr: gravyphig
You've probably heard of this line before from other bloggers around you "Stop Using the free Blogger.com Blogs! They're getting a share from your adsense earnings! Use a self-hosted wordpress blogs instead to increase your adsense earnings!"

Yeah yeah, I've heard that several times already, especially that I'm a dedicated Blogspot (Blogger.com) user while my other blogger friends are using a self-hosted wordpress. So as a "defense mechanism" of some sort, I just answer them, "Well if you have an original article from Google, or Blogger.com, or from other Internet marketing Gurus that say so, give me the link (proof) and I'll stop using Blogger.com forever (then ends with a smile :D)."

Until one day, someone I didn't know much told me again that issue that I told myself "I've had enough! I will search the whole Google (okay, that's an exaggeration) to find that RUMOR so I can prove it, wrong or right!". SO i searched and search and searched.... until.... I found this Piece of article directly from Blogger Help (support) entitled, Easy AdSense for Your Blog that says.....

"As part of this process, you may notice that Blogger is receiving "0%" of your AdSense earnings - this means that you will receive the same amount for clicks or impressions as you would creating the ad code from your AdSense account."

Bleh :P (Flickr)
Woooohooo! I told yah! Blogger.com is NOT stealing some of your Adsense Earnings! Why in the world would Blogger still get a percentage of your earnings when in Fact, Blogger is owned by the same company of Adsense, which is GOOGLE? Right? :)

Still don't believe me? Well read this article originally from this Blogger Help website!
Easy AdSense for Your Blog

Blogger provides a simple way for you to make money with your blog. AdSense is Google's content-targeted advertising program. This means that you don't select keywords or categories for your ads. Instead, Google's servers determine what your posts are about and display the most relevant ads to your readers. So, if you blog about baseball, there might be ads for Major League Baseball memorabilia next to your post. If you blog about painting, there might be ads for art supplies.

Blogger requests access to your AdSense account in order to allow us to create and place ad code on your page through our layouts and template tools. As part of this process, you may notice that Blogger is receiving "0%" of your AdSense earnings - this means that you will receive the same amount for clicks or impressions as you would creating the ad code from your AdSense account. To view any partners that have requested access to your AdSense account, and their associated revenue shares, please log in to your AdSense account, click the "My Account" tab, and choose the "Account Access" sub-tab. If you see a "grant access" link next to blogger.com, you must click this link in order to create ads with Blogger tools.

21 Comments to “What?? Blogger.com Is Stealing Some Of My Adsense Earnings??”

  • Count Clement II   June 5, 2010 at 12:15 AM

    hahaha...Thanks for this article Jan. I really thought Blogger is indeed stealing since it is the title of this post. You caught me with that...hahaha....

  • Unknown   June 5, 2010 at 1:47 AM

    nyahaha.. :P catchy title here fella! nyahaha

  • Jan Hilado   June 5, 2010 at 1:50 AM

    @Clement
    hehehe! I hope this article was helpful. :)

  • Jan Hilado   June 5, 2010 at 1:51 AM

    @Jorich
    hahaha! i got ya! :P

  • elvinperia   June 5, 2010 at 8:49 AM

    Really nice title! :D Couldn't help but read your article instantly. :D

  • Jan Hilado   June 5, 2010 at 8:57 AM

    @Elvin
    nyehehe! thanks kuya! The power of surprise! :D

  • Obnoxious Queer   June 5, 2010 at 9:43 AM

    The power words! Hmmmm... lol...

    Catchy one..It got me, boy!

  • Jan Hilado   June 5, 2010 at 9:49 AM

    @Obnoxious Queer
    hahaha! But still informative right? Atleast my subscribers won't get afraid to continue using Blogger.com. :)

  • Raoul   June 5, 2010 at 10:03 AM

    Jan, you really got my attention there. Great title and article!

  • JAbbeRedONiON   June 5, 2010 at 10:17 AM

    wow i guess everyone's attention were caught by the title huh?

  • Jan Hilado   June 5, 2010 at 10:40 AM

    @Raoul
    power of learning Marketing kuya. hehehe! :D

  • Jan Hilado   June 5, 2010 at 10:40 AM

    @JabberOnion
    and I guess you're one of them right? hehehe! :D

  • Jay Castillo   June 6, 2010 at 12:48 AM

    Haha, nice catchy title Jan! Personally I don't believe blogger would ever get a portion of your adsense earnings while in blogger. The reason I recommend having a self-hosted wordpress blog is because you will have total control of your investment, just like in real estate. :-)

  • Jonha @ Happiness   June 6, 2010 at 2:38 AM

    Thanks JanMck! I thought they really were, thanks for letting us know! Dang, you got me reading carefully there!

  • Jan Hilado   June 6, 2010 at 4:48 AM

    @jay
    thanks kuya Jay! hehehe! i agree, but i also believe that when you're using Blogger.com, you don't need investments. agree?? hehehe! :D

  • Jan Hilado   June 6, 2010 at 4:49 AM

    @Jonha
    hehehe! I made it that way so that a lot of Blogger users will read this and know and won't be discouraged when someone would say the same thing again. :)

  • Red   June 6, 2010 at 7:55 AM

    nice try janmck. =) i find it useful. thanks.

  • Jan Hilado   June 6, 2010 at 8:12 AM

    @Red
    hehe! thanks Red! :)

  • Jay Castillo   June 6, 2010 at 11:06 PM

    Oops, what I meant when I said investment is a tangible asset like the contents of your blog etc., not the act of making an investment by shelling out money... like spending for hosting for example. Necessary expense ang tawag ko dun... hehe.

  • Jan Hilado   June 7, 2010 at 12:10 AM

    @Jay
    ahh I see.. hehehe! Yes I get what you meant. :) Thanks for sharing your ideas here Kuya Jay! :)

  • Bjornson Bernales   June 9, 2010 at 6:22 AM

    This makes sense now Jan. I think this clears up too about Adsense and Blogger. I am not sure yet though but perhaps, what I read when I have relayed the info to you via FB was when the time Blogger was not yet acquired by Google.

    Now, if Blogger does not collect share of Adsense earnings of their publishers, then how about those who put codes aside from Adsense like AdBrite and Bidvertise or other ad programs.

    This is something I need to find out.

Post comment

Your thoughts and comments are highly appreciated! Care to leave some.. :) And if you comment "Anonymously" and expect to get a reply, please include your email address on your comment. :)